<<<< Back to All Blog Posts

Nurturing Our Children: Unraveling the Autism & Chemical Correlation

Jul 27, 2023
Dear Autism Moms,
As we navigate the complex journey of raising children with autism, it becomes crucial for us to explore the potential factors that might contribute to this condition. Looking back at history, we can observe a compelling correlation between the rapid increase in autism rates and the introduction of an overwhelming number of chemicals into our environment. Moreover, this rise in chronic illnesses has sparked concerns about the well-being of our children, with the possibility of nutrient deficiencies hindering proper brain development.
In recent years, there has been a growing body of research shedding light on the connection between the rise of autism and the proliferation of chemical substances in our daily lives. A 2014 Harvard study revealed a concerning correlation between autism and exposure to certain chemicals, urging us to delve deeper into this issue. While it is essential to understand that correlation does not imply causation, the evidence demands our attention and thorough investigation.
The industrial revolution and advancements in technology have undoubtedly brought convenience and progress to our lives. However, along with these advancements, we have also seen an influx of approximately 80,000 synthetic chemicals being introduced into our environment. These chemicals are present in various products we use daily, ranging from household cleaners to personal care items, and even in the food we consume.
One area of particular concern is our grocery stores. Over the past century, there has been a significant shift in the composition of the products lining the shelves. Currently, an overwhelming 90% of the items found in grocery stores are processed foods, leaving only a meager 10% for fresh produce. This change in our dietary habits is alarming, as it may have significant implications for our children’s health and development.
Processed foods often lack essential nutrients that are vital for the proper growth and development of our children’s brains. A balanced and nutrient-rich diet is crucial during childhood, as the brain undergoes rapid growth and maturation. Nutrient deficiencies may impact brain function, potentially influencing the development of conditions like autism.
To address this issue, it’s imperative for us as parents to prioritize providing our children with wholesome and nutrient-dense meals. By incorporating a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins, we can support their overall well-being and help them reach their full potential.
While diet is a fundamental aspect of nurturing our children’s health, it is equally important to examine other potential sources of toxic exposure. Chemicals can be found in everyday products, including plastics, cleaning agents, and even furniture. As autism moms, we should take the initiative to identify and minimize exposure to such harmful substances within our homes and communities.
Creating a safe and toxin-free environment for our children may seem like a daunting task, but every small change counts. Opting for eco-friendly and non-toxic products can significantly reduce their exposure to harmful chemicals. Additionally, seeking out natural alternatives for cleaning and personal care can contribute to a healthier living space.
Beyond our immediate surroundings, advocating for stricter regulations on chemical usage and promoting awareness about their potential impact on children’s health is vital. By coming together as a collective force, we can influence policymakers and companies to prioritize safety and sustainability in their practices.
In conclusion, the correlation between the increase in autism rates and the widespread use of chemicals in our modern world warrants our attention and concern. While we must remain cautious not to oversimplify the complex nature of autism, it is essential to acknowledge that our changing environment may play a role in this rise.
As autism moms, we have the power to make a difference in our children’s lives. By being proactive in providing them with a healthy and nurturing environment, we can support their development and well-being. Let us join hands, share knowledge, and work together to create a brighter and safer future for our children on the autism spectrum.
With love and solidarity,
A Mom in the Journey

Stay connected with news and updates!

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.

We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.